- Multiple Sclerosis: A Deal Breaker In Hockey?
- Hockey Halloween Cheer Brought By The Canucks
- Canadians Take Home World Cup
- Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Leafs Alumni Visit Birthplace Of Hockey
- Senators Release Concussion Statement On MacArthur
- Dallas Stars Say They Play Like Team North America
- Team Europe Heads To World Cup Final
- Russia Shutouts Finland 3-0
Lidstrom Number Raised To The Rafters
- Updated: March 6, 2014
He had an unbelievable 20-year career, and Thursday night the Detroit Red Wings retired Nicklas Lidstrom’s #5 high in the rafters above the Joe Louis Arena ice.
An on ice ceremony honoring “The Perfect Human”, took place before the game between the Red Wings and Colorado Avalanche. With many former Red Wings in attendance, Lidstrom thanked them all before watching is famous No. 5 raised to the rafters.
Accompanied by his wife and four sons, it was a special night for the Lidstrom family.