- Multiple Sclerosis: A Deal Breaker In Hockey?
- Hockey Halloween Cheer Brought By The Canucks
- Canadians Take Home World Cup
- Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Leafs Alumni Visit Birthplace Of Hockey
- Senators Release Concussion Statement On MacArthur
- Dallas Stars Say They Play Like Team North America
- Team Europe Heads To World Cup Final
- Russia Shutouts Finland 3-0
Dallas Stars Forward Collapes On Bench
- Updated: March 10, 2014
A very scary scene down in Dallas, Texas Monday night. Just over six minutes into the game between the Dallas Stars and the Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the Stars bench and needed immediate medical attention.
Play on the ice was halted as Peverley was being attended to by the medical staff in the hallway between player benches.
Prior to the season starting it was identified that Peverley suffered from an irregular heartbeat and had a procedure done to correct this. After announcing that Peverley was conscious and being taken to a local hospital, the National Hockey League decided to postpone the remainder of the game between the Stars and Blue Jackets due to the situation.
You can see here that players knew immediately that something was very wrong as you watch their reaction to Peverley collapsing.