- Darryl Sittler Helps Push New Leafs Jerseys
- Blue Jackets Donate Over $1 Million In Grants
- Montreal Gets First Look At Alexander Radulov
- BioSteel #CAMP2016 Is Here!
- Canucks’ Virtanen Gets In On Pokemon Go
- Blue Jackets Grow The Game
- Tyler Toffoli Goes Deep On Kings Night
- Cyclones Top 10 Goalie Saves
- Weber Dubs Price As Best Goalie In The League
Pittsburgh Penguins Fire Head Coach and Hire GM
- Updated: June 6, 2014
The Pittsburgh Penguins held a press conference on Friday afternoon announcing both the firing of head coach Dan Bylsma and hiring of new general manager Jim Rutherford.
It had been speculated since the Penguins fired previous GM Ray Shero if Bylsma would keep his coach duties and those questions were answered Friday. With the multitude of head coaching positions, Bylsma should not have to wait long for his next job opportunity.
Rutherford, who stepped down from his GM position with the Carolina Hurricanes in April, told the media during his press conference Friday afternoon that he is excited to return to Pittsburgh where he played three seasons with the Penguins from 1971-74. He stated that he has a short list of head coaches that he will considered but does not need one before the NHL Entry Draft at the end of June.
We want to know what you think about these front office moves by Pittsburgh! Let us know @BeyondBenches!