- Multiple Sclerosis: A Deal Breaker In Hockey?
- Hockey Halloween Cheer Brought By The Canucks
- Canadians Take Home World Cup
- Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Leafs Alumni Visit Birthplace Of Hockey
- Senators Release Concussion Statement On MacArthur
- Dallas Stars Say They Play Like Team North America
- Team Europe Heads To World Cup Final
- Russia Shutouts Finland 3-0
Colorado Eagles To Host Bear Toss
- Updated: December 10, 2014
Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the Colorado Eagles are so delightful. Christmas, which is a privileged child’s favorite holiday, is right around the corner and the Colorado Eagles plan to cater to the less fortunate in their Annual Bear Toss. The eagles are teaming up with 107.9 The Bear on December 13, when the Eagles face off against the Stockton Thunder. On this very night, fans are encouraged to bring a stuffed animals to the arena to throw on to the ice after the first goal is scored by the Eagles. They ask that these stuffed animals be new or gently used. These bears are then collected, and later distributed to the Child Advocacy Resource Education, United Daycare Center and the Kids Matter Project. These groups all consist of less fortunate and underprivileged children who don’t have the same Christmas experience that many do.
However, there is also an opportunity if you do not have a stuffed animal, you can make a small donation to local children’s charities in exchange for one. The Colorado Eagles’ goal with this charity drive is to provide something bigger than entertainment, and that is to make Christmas a better day for all no matter what age.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
For more information, go to the Colorado Eagles website.
(Photo Credit: Colorado Eagles via Facebook)