- Multiple Sclerosis: A Deal Breaker In Hockey?
- Hockey Halloween Cheer Brought By The Canucks
- Canadians Take Home World Cup
- Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Leafs Alumni Visit Birthplace Of Hockey
- Senators Release Concussion Statement On MacArthur
- Dallas Stars Say They Play Like Team North America
- Team Europe Heads To World Cup Final
- Russia Shutouts Finland 3-0
Blues Hitchcock In Assistants Out
- Updated: June 1, 2016
The St. Louis Blues coaching situation just took another hit in the assistant roles as Kirk Muller announced he would not be back next season. This leaves head coach Ken Hitchcock without to fill two of his assistant roles as Brad Shaw is also looking elsewhere. Each of the assistants waited until it Hitchcock announced he would return to the Blues as head coach but was that the right decision or should have one them taken the job?
Word is Kirk Muller has informed STL he is not returning. So at least two assistant openings with the Blues.
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) June 1, 2016
Muller according to NHL.com took care of the forwards and the power play. St. Louis came in third in the league clicking at 26.3 percent in the playoffs. In the regular season they were fifth with 21.5 percent. Muller has spent two seasons as an assistant with the Blues. He also has assistant coaching experience in Montreal and was a head coach with the Carolina Hurricanes for three seasons.