- Multiple Sclerosis: A Deal Breaker In Hockey?
- Hockey Halloween Cheer Brought By The Canucks
- Canadians Take Home World Cup
- Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Leafs Alumni Visit Birthplace Of Hockey
- Senators Release Concussion Statement On MacArthur
- Dallas Stars Say They Play Like Team North America
- Team Europe Heads To World Cup Final
- Russia Shutouts Finland 3-0
Rico Steals The Show
- Updated: August 30, 2016
Vancouver Canucks right-wing Emerson Etem kicks off the newest web-series My Best Friend for CanucksTV this week. Etem introduces his energetic and playful best friend Rico, a Siberian Husky, who enjoys long walks on the trail and playing fetch of course.
CanucksTV was able capture Etem and Rico as the pair traveled through the Endowment Lands near UBC.
The Canucks signed Etem to a one-year deal at the end of June after being acquired from the New York Rangers this past season. The Long Beach, California native scored seven goals and 12 points in his 39 games.
“Emerson is a hardworking 24-year-old who supports our plan to build a young, fast, high-character team,” said Canucks General Manager Jim Benning released on the team’s website. “His speed will help us compete next year and he is a good role model for our first and second year players because of the work ethic and professionalism he brings every single day.”
Etem was originally drafted in the first round by the Anaheim Ducks 29th overall in 2010.