- Multiple Sclerosis: A Deal Breaker In Hockey?
- Hockey Halloween Cheer Brought By The Canucks
- Canadians Take Home World Cup
- Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Leafs Alumni Visit Birthplace Of Hockey
- Senators Release Concussion Statement On MacArthur
- Dallas Stars Say They Play Like Team North America
- Team Europe Heads To World Cup Final
- Russia Shutouts Finland 3-0
Oilers Debut Line Of McDavid, Eberle And Lucic
- Updated: September 29, 2016
Vancouver Canucks, Troy Stecher, from Richmond, B.C. notched a goal and two assists in his NHL debut in the 5-3 Canucks victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Wednesday night at Roger Arena.
“I’m still shaking. It’s an experience I won’t forget for a long time,” Stecher said after the game.
Anton Rodin scored the winning goal, while Joseph LaBate, Brendan Gaunce, and Erik Gudbranson scored for Vancouver. Drake Caggiula scored twice and Griffin Reinhart had a goal for the Oilers.
Connor McDavid played on a line with Jordan Eberle and Milan Lucic. The trio showed chemistry, but didn’t produce on the score-sheet.
“I thought they were real good early and real good late, but in between not as much,” said Oilers head coach Todd McLellan. “I thought they would get a little more accomplished. But for the first time playing together I thought they looked dangerous in certain situations … probably our most dangerous line.”
The Canucks YouTube channel released full game highlights on Wednesday evening.